Find Relief From Joint Pain All Over Your Body at New Jersey Joints in Freehold, NJ
If you’re experiencing joint pain all over your body, the orthopedic specialists at New Jersey Joints in Freehold, NJ, can help. We can perform a comprehensive evaluation of your symptoms, pinpoint their cause, and recommend an appropriate treatment plan to help you overcome your discomfort so you can get on with your life.
Most people use the term “joint pain” when talking about the inflammation, stiffness, and tenderness caused by various types of arthritis, such as osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. These relatively common conditions cause the joints to break down and typically worsen with age. However, there are several other conditions that can cause joint pain to occur all over the body. These include:
- Fibromyalgia – An inflammatory response often triggered by stress that causes the central nervous system to relay amplified pain signals throughout the body
- Myofascial pain syndrome – A chronic pain disorder in which pressure on trigger points in the muscles causes pain in seemingly unrelated areas of the body
- Gout – A high level of uric acid in the blood that causes urate crystals to form and accumulate in joints
- Sarcoidosis – An immune system response that causes tiny collections of inflammatory cells to develop in different parts of the body
- Lyme disease – A condition transmitted through the bite of a tick that is infected with a specific type of bacteria known as Borrelia burgdorferi
We encourage you to see a physician at our orthopedic clinic in Freehold, New Jersey, if you are experiencing intense pain or notice any redness, warmth, or swelling around one or more of your joints. Based on the underlying cause of your discomfort, we may recommend medications, hot/cold therapy, splinting, stress management, therapeutic massage, stretching and strengthening exercises, injections, or other advanced therapies to help you feel better.
If you’d like to learn more about treatment options for joint pain all over your body, contact New Jersey Joints to schedule an appointment at our comprehensive joint center in Freehold, NJ.