Physical Therapy for Arthritis Treatment in Freehold, NJ
If joint pain is interfering with your everyday life, physical therapy can help you get moving again – both safely and effectively. The licensed physical therapists at New Jersey Joints in Freehold, NJ, specialize in preventing and treating conditions such as arthritis that limit the body’s ability to move. Movement encompasses everything from getting in and out of chairs to taking regular walks, climbing up and down stairs, playing sports, and engaging in other recreational activities.
When used for treating joint pain, physical therapy is intended to increase mobility, enhance the use of affected joints, maintain an overall level of fitness, and restore the ability to perform daily tasks. To accomplish these objectives, a physical therapist at New Jersey Joints in Freehold can work closely with you to:
- Develop an individualized exercise plan designed to enhance your flexibility, muscle strength, coordination, and balance
- Teach you how to maintain proper posture and body mechanics during your daily activities
- Suggest modifications to your work or home environment, such as using an ergonomic desk chair or cushioned mat in your kitchen to increase comfort and improve function
- Recommend additional treatment strategies, such as wearing a supportive brace or cushioned shoe insert, or using hot/cold therapy to ease joint pain and stiffness.
- Show you how to properly use assistive devices, such as walkers and canes, if necessary
At New Jersey Joints, we understand that you are in pain and want to reclaim your life. In addition to physical therapy, we offer fluoroscopy-guided injections on site, as well as a full range of other treatment options for joint pain. Our office in Freehold, NJ, is a one-stop shop for both physician appointments and physical therapy.
Don’t allow joint pain to relegate you to the sidelines of life. Contact New Jersey Joints to schedule an appointment with a friendly and professional physical therapist today.