Stem Cell Therapy and Other Regenerative Treatments Available Near Lakewood, NJ
To support athletes in their active pursuits in the Lakewood, NJ, area, New Jersey Joints offers stem cell therapy and platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy. Both of these innovative, regenerative treatments involve autologous injections designed to support and stimulate the body’s natural healing ability. In certain applications, stem cell treatments can potentially accelerate the recovery process for acute and chronic injuries, as well as reduce the symptoms of arthritis and joint degeneration.
At New Jersey Joints, we perform stem cell therapy by aspirating a patient’s own bone marrow (usually from a hip), and then filtering the marrow to create a high concentration of stem cells. After being injected at the site of an injury, these mesenchymal stem cells can potentially differentiate themselves into other tissue types to promote healing in a targeted area of the body (individual results will vary).
Stem cell therapy can be used to treat the following conditions:
- Tendonitis – Chronic inflammation in a rotator cuff, biceps, elbow, hamstring, quadriceps, piriformis, kneecap, ankle, Achilles tendon, or foot
- Degenerative joint disease – Osteoarthritis affecting a hip, knee, ankle, shoulder, elbow, or wrist
- Symptomatic articular cartilage injuries – Trauma to a knee, hip, shoulder, elbow, or ankle
- Ligament injuries – An ulnar collateral ligament injury in an elbow or a medial collateral ligament injury in a knee
- Fractures – Delayed union or nonunion fractures
New Jersey Joints was established by a team of board-certified, fellowship trained orthopedic surgeons with a goal to provide active individuals in the Lakewood, New Jersey, area with convenient access to the latest and best treatments for musculoskeletal conditions. We work closely with each patient to develop a personalized treatment plan after thoroughly evaluating all aspects of the patient’s clinical condition, as well as his or her complete medical history and any appropriate diagnostic test results.
If you’d like to find out more about stem cell therapy for a musculoskeletal condition, contact New Jersey Joints to schedule a consultation at our office near Lakewood, NJ.